Monday, December 01, 2008

Salmon Running

Last weekend, Diane and I took our little dog Scout to Goldstream Provincial Park to watch the salmon run. It is literally minutes away from our house. We kept looking at each other and saying, “Yes, we live here!” I’ve included some pictures.


Everyone here is all abuzz about the new Coalition Government. It looks like it is going to happen!!! Say good-bye Stephen Harper!

We have moved our office. As of tomorrow, I will report to work in a new building that has never been used. Our furniture will be on the new carpet that has never had toner spilt on it or paperclips worked into the mat. I’m the printer room will have that ‘new car smell’. I will get to unpack the boxes I packed up last week. I will take in cookies I baked on my day off and peanut butter truffles to try and sooth the group. Even office moving can be stressful. I still remember what real moving stress is. Remember the boxes, bubble wrap and list of goods to follow? Seems like a long time ago.

It is a foggy, misty day. A very nice day off day. Magical. For some reason, the antique mantel clock above the fireplace that has not worked for several years decided today that it now works.

I just got a call from my boss. We have the green light to go into work tomorrow and start unpacking our boxes. The fun begins.

1 comment:

Vancouver Isle Doug said...

Sounds like a lot happening with you! The only salmon run I have experienced is at the grocery store - so far.